Although starting the first post of the blog insulting my readers may not sound like a good idea, let’s face it: we don’t know much about psychology!
If you are a psychologist you probably already know the typical sentences with which everyone comes to you after knowing your profession. If you are not here are some examples:
- I don’t believe in psychology
- Every psychologist s crazy
- Are you gonna read my mind?
- Psychoanalyze me!
- If the psychiatrist can give you medicine, why go to the psychologist?
- I dreamt… what does it mean?
- Psychologist must be rich!
- Only crazy people go to therapy
After dealing myself with people that don’t know what psychology is, rather than being just mad at them, I thought, “why not explain what it really is?”. So I ended up picking up some of-in my opinion- the worst misconceptions about psychology. of course they are not the only ones, and this is no official parameter, it’s my own opinion. Let’s go step by step. Continue reading